Millions of young athletes have participated in Upward Basketball leagues across the country. FBCW has been partnering with Upward Sports since 2009 to host a winter basketball league that offers an extended, multi-month opportunity for team-building, player development, and the formation of deep relationships between teammates and coaches. In Upward Basketball, players will develop a love for basketball and a healthy competitive spirit and discover skills necessary to excel both on and off the court.
Here are some important dates and pieces of information that you need to know…
Ages include Kindergarten (age 5) through 12thgrade. Typical divisions are K5, 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th/6th, 7th/8th
A special needs division is available within the league For additional information about our Shining Stars, CHECK THIS OUT.
Due to facility restrictions, we will be limiting the size of our league. In past seasons, we've had as many as 650 kids, and what we've learned is that our current infrastructure and volunteer base cannot support that number of kids while still maintaining the exceptional quality program you've come to expect from FBCW's Upward Sports ministry.
What's that mean for you? It means you should REGISTER NOW while you still can. Age divisions are limited to a specific number of teams, and once those teams are full, registrations for that age group will be placed on a
Registration for our 2019 season opens August 26.
REGISTER ONLINE HERE on or after August 26.
Please make checks payable to First Baptist Church Wentzville.
The cost for Basketball is $80.00 through September 16. On September 17, the price increases to $100 per child.
The final day of registration is October 6, 2018.
- Scholarships are available on request. Please contact Sherri Harris at or 636-327-8696 ext. 260 for scholarship questions and assistance.
Optional items available for purchase are:
- Shorts - $16.00
EVERY CHILD MUST ATTEND ONE SKILL EVALUATION. THIS IS NOT A TRYOUT. EVERY CHILD WILL PLAY. THE EVALUATION HELPS US CREATE TEAMS THAT ARE AS EVENLY MATCHED BY SKILL LEVEL AS POSSIBLE.
- Families with children in multiple divisions may bring all participating children to any ONE event.
- If you have a child also cheerleading, she may come to the same event as your basketball player.
- Children who do not attend an evaluation will be placed on a waiting list.
- Evaluations will take place at Wentzville United Methodist Church, 725 Wall Street (across from FBC-Wentzville) as indicated below.
- Please plan for this to take about ONE HOUR and wear comfortable gym attire.
With the exception of 5th-12thgraders, this is an “open house” format; you may come at ANY TIME as noted below:
Boys and Girls K5, 1st, & 2nd Grade - Basketball and Cheer
Thursday, October 4, anytime between 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Boys and Girls K5, 3rd, & 4th Grade - Basketball and Cheer
Friday, October 5, anytime between 6:30 pm and 8:00 pm
Boys and Girls 5th-12th Grade - Basketball and Cheer
Saturday, October 6, FROM 10:00 am TO 12:00 pm
5th-12th Grade Basketball players, please plan for 90 minutes at this event only.
Practices & Games
- Practices are scheduled to begin during the week of November 5, 2018.
- Practices for K5 through 4thgrade are 60 minutes on just one night of the week.
- Practices for 5th-12thgrade are 90 minutes on just one night of the week.
- Games are typically played on Saturdays, with the possibility of Friday night games depending on facility availability.
- Games are limited to about an hour each week and are scheduled to start December 1,
2018at various locations to be determined.
- 5th-12thGraders will participate in a season-ending tournament. Their semifinal and final games will be played on February 16 at Hyland Arena on the campus of Lindenwood University throughout the day.
For any questions regarding Upward Basketball please contact Sherri Harris at or 636-327-8696 x 260.