Millions of young athletes have participated in Upward Basketball leagues across the country. FBCW has been partnering with Upward Sports since 2009 to host a winter basketball league that offers an extended, multi-month opportunity for team-building, player development, and the formation of deep relationships between teammates and coaches. In Upward Basketball, players will develop a love for basketball and a healthy competitive spirit and discover skills necessary to excel both on and off the court.
Here are some important dates and pieces of information that you need to know…
Ages include Kindergarten (age 5) through 8th grade. Typical divisions are K5, 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th/6th, 7th/8th, High School. Typically, K5 is co-ed while all other divisions are separated by gender. Actual divisions will be created based on registrations received for each age group. It is a priority for us to separate boys from girls whenever possible
A special needs division is available within the league For additional information about our Shining Stars click on special needs.
The cost for Basketball is $100.00 per child.
- Scholarships are available on request. Please contact Sherri Harris at for scholarship questions and assistance.
Optional items available for purchase are:
- Shorts - $16.00
EVERY CHILD MUST ATTEND ONE SKILL EVALUATION. THIS IS NOT A TRYOUT. EVERY CHILD WILL PLAY. THE EVALUATION HELPS US CREATE TEAMS THAT ARE AS EVENLY MATCHED BY SKILL LEVEL AS POSSIBLE.
Children who register after registration has closed will be placed on a
youchild’s age division is full, we will refund your payment.
- If there is room on a team in your child’s age division, we will provide you with the details of when and where we will evaluate your child prior to being placed on his/her team. After that evaluation, we will place your child on a team and contact you with team practice/game information.
Practices & Games
- Practices will begin during the week of December 4, 2017.
- Practices for K5 through 4th grade are 60 minutes on just one night of the week.
- Practices for 5th-12th grade are 90 minutes on just one night of the week.
- Games for
K5-8 thgrade will be played on Saturdays, with High School playing on Friday nights.
- Games are limited to about an hour each week and are scheduled to start January 12/13 at various locations to be determined.
- The Award Celebration will be held Saturday, March 17 at Lindenwood University in St. Charles at