Cheerleading is a huge part of sporting events at all levels of play. Under the watchful eye of trusted coaches, squads will learn creative cheers and basic routines throughout the season, all while providing excitement and energy on the court come game day! FBCW has been partnering with Upward Sports since 2009 to host a winter cheerleading league alongside our basketball league that offers an extended, multi-month opportunity for team-building, player development, and the formation of deep relationships between teammates and coaches. When athletes need encouragement and fans need entertainment, Upward cheerleaders can take the game day experience to another level!
Here are some important dates and pieces of information that you need to know…
Ages include Kindergarten (age 5) through 12th grade. Typical divisions are K5, 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th/6th, 7th/8th and 9th-12th, though actual divisions will be created based on registrations for each age group.
A special needs division is available within the league For additional information about our Shining Stars, CHECK THIS OUT.
Registration for our 2018 season is now open.
REGISTER ONLINE HERE on or after August 26.
Please make checks payable to First Baptist Church Wentzville.
The cost for Cheerleading is $80.00 through September 16. On September 17, the price increases to $100 per child.
The final day of registration is October 6, 2018.
Scholarships are available on request. Please contact Sherri Harris at or 636-327-8696 ext. 260 for scholarship questions and assistance.
Optional items available for purchase are:
- Mock Turtlenecks - $16.00
EVERY CHEERLEADER MUST ATTEND ONE ORIENTATION. THIS IS NOT A TRYOUT. EVERY CHILD WILL PARTICIPATE. THE CHEERLEADING ORIENTATION ALLOWS US TO PROPERLY SIZE YOUR CHILD’S UNIFORM AND “BREAKS THE ICE” FOR YOUR DAUGHTER, ALLOWING HER AN OPPORTUNITY TO MEET HER CHEER COACHES AND OTHER CHEERLEADERS.
- Families with children in multiple divisions may bring all participating children to any ONE
- If you have a child also playing basketball, please select the age appropriate event for your basketball player and bring your cheerleader at the same time.
- Cheer Orientations will take place at Wentzville United Methodist Church, 725 Wall Street (across from FBC-Wentzville) as indicated below.
- Please plan for this to take about 45
For cheerleaders, this is an “open house” format; you may come to ANY ONE of the following events:
Boys and Girls K5, 1st, & 2nd Grade - Basketball and Cheer
Thursday, October 4, anytime between 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Boys and Girls K5, 3rd, & 4th Grade - Basketball and Cheer
Friday, October 5, anytime between 6:30 pm and 8:00 pm
Boys and Girls 5th-12th Grade - Basketball and Cheer
Saturday, October 6, FROM 10:00 am TO 12:00 pm
Practices & Games
- Practices are scheduled to begin during the week of November 5, 2018.
- Practices are 60 minutes on just one night of the week.
- Games are typically played on Saturdays, with the possibility of Friday night games depending on facility availability.
- Games are limited to about an hour each week and are scheduled to start December 1, 2018 at various locations to be determined.
For any questions regarding Upward Basketball please contact Sherri Harris at or 636-327-8696 x 260.