Cheerleading is a huge part of sporting events at all levels of play. Under the watchful eye of trusted coaches, squads will learn creative cheers and basic routines throughout the season, all while providing excitement and energy on the court come game day! FBCW has been partnering with Upward Sports since 2009 to host a winter cheerleading league alongside our basketball league that offers an extended, multi-month opportunity for team-building, player development, and the formation of deep relationships between teammates and coaches. When athletes need encouragement and fans need entertainment, Upward Cheerleaders can take the game day experience to another level!
Here are some important dates and pieces of information that you need to know…
Ages include Kindergarten (age 5) through 8th grade. Actual divisions will be created based on registrations received for each age group.
A special needs division is available within the league. For additional information about our Shining Stars, CHECK THIS OUT.
The cost for Cheerleading is $100.00 per child.
- Scholarships are available on request. Please contact Sherri Harris at for scholarship questions and assistance.
Optional items available for purchase are:
- Mock Turtlenecks - $16.00
Children who register after registration has closed will be placed on a wait list. As we work through the wait list to assign children to available teams, we will contact you with information about the status of your child’s placements. One of two things will occur:
1. If you child’s age division is full, we will refund your payment.
2. If there is room on a team in your child’s age division, we will contact you with information about when and where to bring your child in to be sized for her uniform and provide you with team practice/game information.
Practices & Games
- Practices will begin during the week of November 5, 2018.
- Practices are 60 minutes on just one night of the week.
- Games will be played on Saturdays, with the possibility of Friday night games depending on facility availability.
- Games are limited to about an hour each week and are scheduled to start December 1 at various locations to be determined.
- The Award Celebration will be held the evening of Thursday, February 21 at a location TBD