Millions of young athletes have participated in Upward Soccer leagues across the country. FBCW has been partnering with Upward Sports since 2009 to host youth sports leagues that offer an extended, multi-month opportunity for team-building, player development, and the formation of deep relationships between teammates and coaches. In Upward Soccer, players will develop a love for the sport and a healthy competitive spirit, and they’ll discover skills necessary to excel both on and off the field.
Here are some important dates and pieces of information that you need to know…
Ages include Pre-Kindergarten (age 4) through 8th grade. Typical divisions are K4/K5, 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th/6th, 7th/8th. While we try to keep all divisions separated by gender, that is not always possible…particularly at the younger ages…so some divisions may be co-ed based on actual registrations.
A special needs division is available within the league For additional information about our Shining Stars, CLICK HERE.
SEASON STRUCTURE AND LEAGUE PLAY
All games and practices will be held at L.I.N.C. of St. Charles County, located at 9 Love Park Lane in Wentzville. Teams will practice one night a week, either on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday evening. Practices will generally begin at 6:00pm and last 1 hour to 1.5 hours, depending on the team age. Most games will be played on Saturday mornings, though some will be on Saturday afternoons and even a few Friday night games “under the lights” to create a special game experience.
* June 1, 2019 – Registration opens
* July 1, 2019 – Early registration ends
* July 12 and 13, 2019 – Player evaluations (every child must attend ONE)
* July 18, 2019 – Registration closes
* Week of August 12, 2019 – Practices begin
* August 24, 2019 – First game
* October 5, 2019 – Last game & Awards Celebration
Registration for our 2019 season opens June 1. It begins by you completing the registration process one of two ways:
2. Pick up a brochure at First Baptist Church Wentzville or PRINT IT HERE and return with payment.
Please make checks payable to First Baptist Church Wentzville.
The cost for players registered on or before July 1 is $70.00. The cost for players registered after July 1 will be $95. Registration will close July 18, 2019.
Registration includes a reversible jersey and water bottle. Players are asked to provide and wear appropriate athletic shorts, shin guards and athletic shoes (cleats recommended). Game shorts may be purchased when you register for an additional $16.
* Scholarships are available on request. Please contact Sherri Harris at or call Jason Meinershagen at 636-327-8696 ext. 260 for scholarship questions and assistance.
EVERY CHILD MUST ATTEND ONE SKILL EVALUATION.
THIS IS NOT A TRYOUT. EVERY CHILD WILL PLAY. THE EVALUATION HELPS US CREATE TEAMS THAT ARE AS EVENLY MATCHED BY SKILL LEVEL AS POSSIBLE.
* Please plan for this to take about ONE HOUR.
* Cleats and shorts recommended.
* Evaluations will take place at L.I.N.C. St. Charles County - #9 Love Park Ln in Wentzville as indicated below.
** Boys and Girls, Pre K4 - 8th Grade
Friday July 12, anytime between 6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 13, anytime between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
* Children who do not attend an evaluation, or who register after registration has closed, will be placed on a waiting list.
As we work through the wait list to assign children to available teams, we will contact you with information about the status of your child’s registration. One of two things will occur:
** If your child’s age division is full, we will refund your payment.
** If there is room on a team in your child’s age division, we will provide you with the details of when and where we will we evaluate your child prior to being paced on his/her team. After that evaluation, we will place your child on a team and contact you with the team practice/game information and put you in touch with your child’s coach.
For any questions regarding Upward Soccer please contact Burt Benesek via email at or call the church office at 636-327-8696 ext. 260