Millions of young athletes have participated in Upward Soccer leagues across the country. FBCW has been partnering with Upward Sports since 2009 to host youth sports leagues that offer an extended, multi-month opportunity for team-building, player development, and the formation of deep relationships between teammates and coaches. In Upward Soccer, players will develop a love for the sport and a healthy competitive spirit, and they’ll discover skills necessary to excel both on and off the field.
Here are some important dates and pieces of information that you need to know…
Ages include Pre-Kindergarten (age 4) through 8th grade. Typical divisions are K4/K5, 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th/6th, 7th/8th. While we try to keep all divisions separated by gender, that is not always possible…particularly at the younger ages…so some divisions may be co-ed based on actual registrations.
A special needs division is available within the league For additional information about our Shining Stars, CLICK HERE.
SEASON STRUCTURE AND LEAGUE PLAY
All games and practices will be held at L.I.N.C. of St. Charles County, located at 9 Love Park Lane in Wentzville. Teams will practice one night a week, either on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday evening. Practices will generally begin at 6:00pm and last 1 hour to 1.5 hours, depending on the team age. Most games will be played on Saturday mornings, starting at 8:00am. New this season will be Friday night games “under the lights” to create a special game experience.
- May 20, 2018 – Registration opens
- June 17, 2018 – Early registration ends
- June 19, 21 and 23, 2018 – Player evaluations (every child must attend ONE)
- June 24,2018 – Registration closes
- Week of August 6, 2018 – Practices begin
- August 25, 2018 – First game
- September 29, 2018 – last game & Awards Celebration
Registration for our 2018 season opens May 20. It begins by you completing the registration process one of two ways:
- REGISTER ONLINE HERE
- Pick up a brochure at First Baptist Church Wentzville or PRINT IT HERE and return with payment.
Please make checks payable to First Baptist Church Wentzville.
The cost for players registered on or before June 17 is $75.00. The cost for players registered after June 17 will be $95. Registration will close June 24, 2018.
Registration includes a reversible jersey and water bottle. Players are asked to provide and wear appropriate athletic shorts, shin guards and athletic shoes (cleats recommended). Game shorts may be purchased when you register for an additional $16.
- Scholarships are available on request. Please contact Sherri Harris at or 636-327-8696 ext. 260 for scholarship questions and assistance.
EVERY CHILD MUST ATTEND ONE SKILL EVALUATION. THIS IS NOT A TRYOUT. EVERY CHILD WILL PLAY. THE EVALUATION HELPS US CREATE TEAMS THAT ARE AS EVENLY MATCHED BY SKILL LEVEL AS POSSIBLE.
- Please plan for this to take about ONE HOUR.
- Cleats and shorts recommended.
- Evaluations will take place at L.I.N.C. St. Charles County - #9 Love Park Ln in Wentzville as indicated below.
- Boys and Girls, Pre K4 - 8th Grade
Tuesday, June 19, between 6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Thursday, June 21, between 6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 23, between 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- Children who do not attend an evaluation, or who register after registration has closed, will be placed on a waiting list. As we work through the wait list to assign children to available teams, we will contact you with information about the status of your child’s registration. One of two things will occur:
- If your child’s age division is full, we will refund your payment.
- If there is room on a team in your child’s age division, we will provide you with the details of when and where we will evaluate your child prior to being placed on his/her team. After that evaluation, we will place your child on a team and contact you with the team practice/game information and put you in touch with your child’s coach.